We’re all different. You are a dreamer. He is very thoughtful. She is the sensitive one. They are straight. and I’m ... well, I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

49) The Power of Appreciation!


She asked her husband to help her by listing seven things he believed she could do to help her become a better wife.

He was surprised by such a request.

... He thought ... Frankly, it would have been easy for him to list seven things he would like to change about her - she could have listed a thousand things she would like to change about him bardo ... Well ... But he didn’t. and he said to her:” Let me think about it and give you an answer in the morning.

The next morning he got up very early - very early - and called the florist and had them send seven red flowers to his wife and a note saying:” I can’t think of seven things I would like to change about you. I love you the way you are.”

:D

When he arrived at home that evening, who do you think greeted him at the door? That’s right. His wife!
She was almost in tears [tears of love.. tears of gratitude..]. Needless to say, he was extremely glad he had not criticized her as she had requested.
--------

That was the most considerate thing I have ever heard. It was then I realized the power of appreciation...

p.s. We should never forget that all our associates are human beings and hunger for appreciation. It is the legal tender that all souls enjoy.

13 comments:

shaimaa said...

hi,Rawan miss too babe wallahi

yeah ur right we need to do that not only between Lovers, husband & wife o all the pple friends, kids &parents that's so important employees we have to appreciate what we do to each other turn back the favor even wz just a smile roney I'm happy to know such a person like u sweety

Nouna said...

Totally likewise habibti :)

Yes. hurting people not only does not change them, it is never called for.

Give honest and sincere appreciation and you will see the results; but to the right one :)

هوبتي said...

بجد موضوعك جميل جدا يا رورور فعلا
وفعلا احنا محتاجين نعمل كده بس نعمل دا بنية صافيه وصدق
عشان يكون في تواصل بجد وتقدير

Nouna said...

(وَلَا تَسْتَوِي الْحَسَنَةُ وَلَا السَّيِّئَةُ ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ

أَحْسَنُ فَإِذَا الَّذِي بَيْنَـــكَ وَبَيْنَهُ عَدَاوَةٌ كَأَنَّهُ وَلِيٌّ

حَمِيمٌ . وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا إِلَّا الَّذِينَ صَبَرُوا وَمَا يُلَقَّاهَا

إِلَّا ذُو حَظٍّ عَظِيمٍ ) يقــول تعـالى ( وَلَا تَسْتَوِي

الْحَسَنَةُ وَلَا السَّيِّئَةُ )


مش عارفة أقول إيه غير كدا! آية فيها كل المعاني اللي أنا عاوزه أوصلها يا هبة. بجد مافيش أبلغ من كدا!
----

كلام جميل يا هبة - الصدق مافيش أحسن منه. بس فين اللي يقدر دا؟ كل اللي بتمناه من ربنا بجد حد يفهمني ويحترم مشاعري ويقدرها ويقدرني ويصدقني - ويبعد عني الناس اللي بتجرح قلوب ماتستهلش تتجرح

Ze2red said...

ohhhh... that was so sweeet

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo nice Rawanies..... Soooooooooooooo nice. r u talking about a new way of life wala 7aga :)

Unknown said...

begad helwa awy ya Nona :D happy one but 3amla zay al helm :S...... as you know i love all your stories ....... ana mesh 3arfa al demagh di feeha kam story??!! :D
Rawani... What are you going to tell a friend when absolutely nothing she wishes for comes true?!!!! :S

xxx said...

i agree with everything you said.
but its time to wake up :)))))
ghelsa. sa7? i know
but couldnt help saying so.
i was checking my friends blogs, and everyone seems to be dreaming.
what's wrong with you ya banat?

Nouna said...

Anon:
I am talking about a perfect world.

Lamya:
- How do you know it won't come true?
- How do you know there is good in it aslan? We never know. If there is a good, I 'll come true. If not, khalass.

So, to answer you question:
Leave it in Allah's hand =)xx

Nouna said...

Hebba: Nothing wrong dear. I am good. al7amdulellah.
just can't stop dreaming. mab2ash ana ;)

Where have you been?

Unknown said...

This is what happened....I kept sayin ya rab 2e3mely 2elly feeh al kheeir ya rab....we have to leave every thin in Allah's hand indeed.....he who can do this has the whole world with him wallahy.....thank you for listenin ya Nouna.....ana 3arfa eny bazaha2ek bas bardo will call you tonight.....:d
bahebbek :D

Noly said...

Rawani ya Rawani :), I think this is my first comment here bas it won't be the last ISA :)).

bgd so touching, I LIKE I LIKE :)).

P.S: bas 3ala fekra mafesh 7ad masry bye3ml keda delwa2ty ly merato, el masry momken yeb3at leha merato el tanya 3al bat :D.

Nouna said...

3oyoun Rawani ya nass ;)

Tab balash elmasri, hatili me3aki ba2a wa7ed chinese [made in China] bas 2ew3y yetkassar ;P

I missed you already :(

Take care of yourself please xx