We’re all different. You are a dreamer. He is very thoughtful. She is the sensitive one. They are straight. and I’m ... well, I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

22) Happy International Women's Day!

"the inner SHE is all-potent. SHE is the queen of the kingdoms of sleep. All the invisible working are HERS and she rules all things ere they come to birth." - The Calling Of ISIS ... Happy International Women's Day!



« Himno a Isis ( siglo III o IV A.D.)

Hymn to Isis ( 3rd or 4th century AD)

----

For I am the first and the last

I am the venerated and the despised

I am the prostitute and the saint

I am the wife and the virgin

I am the mother and the daughter

I am the arms of my mother

I am barren and my children are many

I am the married woman and the spinster

I am the woman who gives birth and she who never procreated

I am the consolation for the pain of birth

I am the wife and the husband

And it was my man who created me

I am the mother of my father

I am the sister of my husband

And he is my rejected son

Always respect me

For I am the shameful and the magnificent one

discovered in Nag Hammadi, 1947

Note where that hymn comes from: Paulo Coelho’s Blog!

http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2010/01/05/hymn-to-isis-3rd-or-4th-century-bc/

2 comments:

xxx said...

nice and interesting.
i always loved Isis, the queen, the wife, and the mother.
amazing how a love can turn into a building power.
women are God's gift to everyone :))))))))

Nouna said...

I too love Isis :)

Yes. They are a blessing from Allah. but ...