We’re all different. You are a dreamer. He is very thoughtful. She is the sensitive one. They are straight. and I’m ... well, I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

86) What Does The World Want Of Me!

If I must be faithful to someone or something, then I have, first of all, be faithful to myself. If I’m looking for true love, I first have to get the mediocre loves out of my system. The little experience of life I’ve had has thought me that no one owns anything, that everything is an illusion - and that applies to material as well as spiritual things. Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever (as has happened often enough to me already) finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them.
And if nothing belongs to me, then there’s no point wasting my time looking after things that aren’t mine; it’s best to live as if today were the first (or last) day of my life.
...

5 comments:

Nouna said...

Does it want me to take no risks? to go back becoz I didn't have the courage to say what I wanted to say... to say "yes" or "no" to life?

Unknown said...

I was touched by this post !!
Thank you for sharing it with us......

Hebba said...

sweetheart, it is not like that. there is nothing guaranteed in this life, simply because it is all in Allah's hand. our lives, feelings, hearts, future.
for me, i do my best investing in things i think are good for me, or would be mine, or would give me happiness.
but if it is not meant to be, then khalas, i give up.
but i owe myself the "doing my best".
do your best in all what comes your way. if it is success, then elhamdollah and enjoy. if it is a failure, then elhamdollah bardo and qaddar allah wa mashaa fa3al.
there is no way else for me to live.
cheer up, best is yet to come :)

Nouna said...

Loumie: Me Too :D

Hebba: in-sha2-Allah hun. I'm sure of that, the best is yet to come. Do the very best you can, and leave it in Allah's hand. This is the best attitude ever.

:)

Nouna said...

Be who you are and be that well.