We’re all different. You are a dreamer. He is very thoughtful. She is the sensitive one. They are straight. and I’m ... well, I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear.

Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

59) A Difference in Treatment!

One evening I was sitting in the kitchen with my lovely nephew -Amr- and after a brief discussion of something that was in his mind, Amoura said:” Nouna, I know that you love me very much”.
I was touched and said:” Of course ya habibi, I love you very much. Did you doubt it?
He responded: “NO. But I really know you love me because whenever I want to talk to you about something you stop whatever you are doing and listen to me...
I made it my business to listen carefully when one of my family or friends want to speak with me.

... Listening is just as important in one’s home life as in the world of business. Exclusive attention to the person who is speaking to you is very important. Nothing else is so flattering as that.

8 comments:

هوبتي said...

ريري
ازيك يا قمر عامله ايه؟؟
تصدقي كده المدونه احلي بجد

واكيد انا معاكي
ان الاستماع للاخرين شيء مهم جدا لانك كده بتعبري ليهم عن احترامك واحساسك بيهم
وكمان الي بيكلمك دا بيكون اكيد بيكلمك في شيء مهم ومتاح منك الاصعاء بعنايه

shaimaa said...

2hlan 2hlan really miss u we 7elw el new look dah hope u're better & of course I'm wz u nothing can be helpfil than listening to to othes specially when they need u it doesn't matter to say anything or make any comments listen just listen that mean that we still care each other.

Nouna said...

أهلا يا هوبي

الحمد لله. أشكرك حبيبتي

شوفي يا سيدتي، شغلي بيخليني طول الوقت بافكر في التصميمات. فا في حياتي الخاصة بقي باحس إني عاوزة أعمل أي حاجة إلا دي! يعني بجد عبقري اللي قال باب النجار مخلع
---

أيوه يا هبة. وخصوصا لما تبقي زعلانة من حد قوي. ومحتاجة بجد إنك تسامحيه، لإن الزعل دا عبء عليكي - فهو يأبي أن يسمعك! وإنتي عارفة كويس إنك عمرك ما هتسامحيه إلا لما تطلعي اللي جواكي وهو يسمعه ويدركه

اللي عاوزة أقوله إن هنا الإستماع أهم من الإعتذار

Nouna said...

I miss you too Shimo

You've no idea what it mean to be listened, especially when you are really upset to the extent that you can't even forgive. Here you are in a real need to be listened so that you can unburden yourself.

One should be a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves.

This is the only healer not even time!

Unknown said...

MashAllah 3aleih ya habiby
Baheb el welad elly betfakkar
Rabena yekhaliholkom habibty

Nouna said...

Thank you hun. Ameen to that ya Rabb!

Ze2red said...

Listening is so important indeed. and it's a gift that not everybody posses.

Nouna said...

Yes. Everybody seems to feel better after a talk. Sometimes we need no advice. We just need a friendly listener..